Pages

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Green Eyes and a Heart Of Gold





Hello, beady peeps!  Loralee here, so nice to be back!


One of the coolest discoveries I made at The Bead & Button Show this year was that Golem Design Studio  came out with a smaller size lentil bead, and it's perfect for earrings!  

Below is one of the sets that I purchased.  The folk art pattern is just so warm and friendly.  

I played around with a few ideas but that green looked so amazing with brass that I knew in an instant I didn't need to look further.  I then layered some decorative wire on top of the hammered discs. Since the wire was also shiny brass, I decided to add some patina paint to make them stand out a bit. 





Here are some small round Golem beads that paired wonderfully with  drops from Josephine Beads!   Don't they look like gourds?  The colors and pattern of the charms are like tribal, meets autumn, meets a 1970's kitchen!!  They just make you feel good.





While looking through photos I ran across this pair I did a couple of years ago. The colors just had to be included in this blog post, right?!  Rich green and the warmth of brass again...perfect. These etched and extra crusty glass beads are the creation of Kay Mallery.  So much texture like Roman glass.  Kay's beads are ones that I reach for time and time again.

I wanted each piece to stand out on their own so I made extra large hoops in the center.  I think it makes an interesting look.




I'm am so happy it's autumn, I feel totally alive!  I'm crazy in love with this season.

I'll be back in a couple of weeks!  See you then!

Loralee xo

Loralee Kolton Jewerly - artful in beads



11 comments:

  1. Oh my eyes! Great finds and great colour choices Loralee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lindsay! Green is a favorite of mine xo

      Delete
  2. We can tell you are totally alive. These designs sing!! Thank you for sharing and introducing these artists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I get a little excited when I get to talk about beads...lol

      Delete
  3. You never cease to amaze me, Loralee! Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, SJ, thank you!!! I wish I had picked up more of those small lentils...they are so nice to work with!

      Delete
  4. These are mouthwateringly gorgeous!! You have such a great flare of jewelry design! I especially LOVE the ones with Josephine Beads charms...I am crazy about her beads, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh so very beautiful! All your designs are always awesome, but you outdid yourself with these! Glorious Fall, yes my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work! Love those brass hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All so gorgeous Loralee!!! And Golem beads 😍

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always Loralee, beautiful work with beautiful pieces. Thanks for the info on Golem's smaller lentils. I haven't seen them. The hoops between the two is a great element. It's something I often feel needs to be done, to separate the pieces. Great idea. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete