Pages

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Gingham Style

Fabric Wrapped Beads!


Hey there!  It's Loralee and I'm back for my second posting here at Earrings Everyday!  I'll be here the first and third Weds. of each month! Woot!

Gingham makes my heart swell with warm memories of my grandmother.  It's just is one of those patterns that instantly makes me feel happy and safe.  Many years ago, after my grandmother passed away, my mother gave me a box of ribbons that my grandmother had saved.  I removed a roll of red gingham and made some laminated bookmarks from it just so I would always have a piece of her near.


So recently, my dear beady friend Anna Pierson of Sagahus Components, who makes these lovely fabric wrapped cocoon beads showed me some gingham ones....oh, you know I went a little crazy and ordered some in each color!



Blue:  with art beads by Melissa Gabelle of The Clay Hen.


Red:  with art beads by Jade Scott (now retired..*sobs softly)  Some vintage crystals and handmade faceted polymer clay beads by Marina Rios of Fancifuldevices.



Orange:  Tea cup charms by Melissa Gabelle of The Clay Hen.  


Resources:  SagaHus Facebook Group  Fabric wrapped beads or Sagahus on Etsy

                   The Clay Hen  Artbeads and ceramic charms

                   Fancifuldevices   Polymer clay beads



Thank you so much for stopping by!  It's so much fun to be apart of the Earrings Everyday team!

Loralee xo

Loralee Kolton Jewelry


                   

17 comments:

  1. Woohoo Loralee, I am so happy you are joining "the gang" of Earrings Everyday. Welcome, welcome. To be honest, I had to look up Gingham as I had no idea what it is (except for that silly dance of course). Love the gingham beads. And the earrings you made with them are adorable. Especially the last set. The color orange makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL well, I did a little play on words actually...the dance crazy was "Gangnam Style" ....but I think it sounds more like Gingham Style, too! The orange is a favorite color of mine as well!! Thank youuuu xo

      Delete
  2. These are all so cute, impossible to pick a favorite!! Love having you join us here on EE!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it's a real honor to be asked <3

      Delete
  3. It's funny how little things bring back fond memories, isn't it? I love your earrings, but also love the backgrounds you photographed them on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I'm always picking up odds and ends to photograph on! You just never know what's going to work.

      Delete
  4. Those are just so much fun. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these earrings. I have seen the use of wire wrapped "material" beads many times and have used it myself in designs. It looks really great with a few seed beads thrown in the mix..especially sparkly ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowee. Love the earrings, love the pun!I can see you are going to be fun to be around.
    In a (very) brief term doing needlework at school in 1967 I made some pink gingham baby doll pyjamas. Anyone around in the 60s can only imagine....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omgosh, I'd kill for some pink gingham PJ's!!!

      Delete
    2. I remember gingham babydolls! I think I actually had a pink pair too, Lindsay. My mom made them. I didn't learn to sew until I was in my 30s.

      Delete
  7. Cute cute cute Loralee! Just like you! :) Despite the traditional use one would usually picture with gingham, you made these rock, including using Melissa's whimsical teacup charms, which I have often almost purchased but haven't. You do more justice to them than I could. I love all three of these; I'd wear all three. Great earrings; great post. I am very happy to have the opportunity to work with you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fun happy earrings! Love your designs! I'm a big fan of gingham as well. It has that vintage childhood feel from when I was little. Just lovely, truly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything - all the earrings - the red are favorites - the pictures, the play on words. It's allll good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. First things first: LOVE THE PUN. The earrings are FAB...every single pair, though I especially love the pair with the beads that look like little lanterns. SO glad you're here with us, Loralee!

    ReplyDelete