Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Discovering an Old World Look

I'm just over the moon with my new paper processing technique.  I've been working on this for a while combining my painting process and a similar paper applique process and ended up capturing both in one.  I call it my, "Old World Look",  these are a mix of batik patterns with a crackled finish that has me yearning to make nothing else at the moment.









I prep my copper by cutting, filing, hammering and then oxidizing followed by the paper cut out application, (this is my favorite part because skies the limit when it comes to patterns).
My last step is to apply crackle paste, let it dry and make the cracks more prominent with a dark rub. This affect is crucial to making the paper and copper look old.


As you can see in this bottom pic, I started going nuts when I saw all the different ways I can use the paper. 
I plan on expanding my efforts with different shapes and styles, perhaps necklace and bracelet focal's.


Thanks for your visit, take time and leave a comment if you can and we will see you again in a couple weeks.

Lynn Ferro
My ETSY Shop- Yucca Bloom

17 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! I loved the earrings and the technique, not to mention the drool worthy eye candy!! Thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you are doing with this! These earrings are gorgeous...would love to see what you do with a necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this technique Lynn. And the earrings you make with this technique are mouthwatering gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love what you are doing here... seriously drool-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love what you are doing here... seriously drool-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous designs Lynn...wonderful new/old direction your art jewelry work is going in!Love them all!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you everyone, your comments are greatly appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WONDERFUL!!! thanks so much for sharing the technique! can i ask where you bought your paper and what glue you use? THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see where this could be addicting. These are great! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are absolutely stunning, every single pair ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your earrings are amazing!! Very cool process!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look wonderful and are so innovative.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always find something new to blow me away. Paper! I would never have considered putting paper on copper??? They are awesome, Lynn. Your imagination is always in high drive; I love it, these and everything else you do! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, love this affect and the use of paper and metal to achieve it!! What a great reminder that the sky's the limit in jewelry-making!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Freaking FANTASTIC!! I want them all. Beautiful technique!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is great! What fabulous results.

    ReplyDelete