Pages

Monday, December 8, 2014

Winter Moon

On Saturday, I had the chance to participate in a local Arts & Crafts Sale. It was wonderful to meet local women and their families, and get their feedback on my work.

I haven't had the chance to participate in such events too often in the past, but I do my best to join in the fun as often as I can. There's absolutely NOTHING more precious than receiving real-time, face-to-face feedback from potential buyers.

And inspired by their feedback, and by the beautiful Winter Moon that greeted me on Sunday morning, I have designed these pretty Tanzanite Earrings:

Tanzanite Earrings inspired by the Winter Moon

The women that I spoke with mentioned that they loved gemstone earrings, but that they preferred shorter, more delicate designs (shorter than 2" in total), and it dawned on me that a lot of the earrings I've been making lately were longer than 2". 

It really doesn't take much to get over 2" in length, counting the ear wires.... So I listened to them, and came up with these lightweight little hoops :)

Soft Lavender Tanzanite Gemstones are a beautiful go-with-anything neutral shade

Yesterday morning, when I woke up, I opened the bedroom window's blinds, and found this bright  (almost) full moon, greeting me, and the sky had beautiful painted wisps of lavender, light blue and pink. It was such a beautiful sight. 

I knew right there and then that I had to make earrings inspired by that gift from nature.

I really had a great time meeting everyone at the show on the weekend. If you don't normally do Arts & Craft Sales, I encourage you to go out and meet women and ask for feedback on your designs. Sometimes, they see something that we don't...

You can find these Tanzanite Earrings here on my website...

Thank you for your time! Have a wonderful day :)
Nathalie

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful earrings. Love the soft lavender next to the bright silver. Nice wire wrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wire wrapping, it's precisely rough! :) Beautiful earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls! They sold out already... Looks like this was a good design :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design, and beautifully executed! I love tanzanite, lovely with silver. I have been thinking of making shorter earrings myself--it's so hard not to go crazy when you have great beads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your wire work and the stones are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly a lovely design. So full of possibilities for all different colors of beads and metals! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete