Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Polar Bears

I have a hectic time on my hands this week.  I have a big Christmas craft fair on Sunday, for which I still want to make some pieces.  I also still have all that tedious prep to do - price tags, table plans, etc., etc... I also intend to get three firings done this week (along with a lot of glazing). I then have to try to get a heap of beads photographed and listed as soon as I can after the fair.  So, this is going to be a super brief post. Making these earrings is becoming something of an annual tradition.


These marvellous lampwork polar bears are made by Madeline Bunyan. I've paired them with some ice-like crackled quartz.



I sold a couple of pairs at the weekend and don't have any available at the moment but I'm hoping to get some more made in time for Christmas shoppers. So, that's another task on my list! 

Bye for now, Claire

6 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you are very productive this week! Love the bears and the "ice-cycles". The white beads, earrings, jewelry - really invoke winter to me! Lovely! Good luck and have fun at your show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cool!! A perfect combination of components. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely darling!! It's like he's standing on an ice floe--and I love the chocolate-colored wire with it. I am a fan of crackle quartz myself. I wish you loads of energy for your very demanding holiday schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore these Claire! So fun and cute. Good Luck at your craft fair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are SO CUTE!! OMG... adorable! You're getting way more stuff done than I did. I had a craft fair on the weekend and I just could not get on here for the past week to check out all the goodies and comment. I'm catching up now :) So pretty, I can see why they sell so well :)

    ReplyDelete