Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Dotty

I've never worked with feathers before. I've meant to and have a number in my stash, including a lovely selection that I picked up a while back from Lima Beads. Now I've tried them I wish I'd ordered more, because when I finally got them out of the pack I realised just how beautiful they were.  And, of course, they are now out of stock... There were two of each of the different feathers in the pack so they kinda demanded to be made into earrings.


I've paired the feathers with some fabulous hand-painted pebbles from Plymouth Rocks.  I just love these pebbles and I frequently check Tammy's shop to see if she's produced any more.  These have a mix of neon shades dotted onto them. (Personally, I've rather enjoyed the neon trend.)  I've topped them with a black czech glass ring and a pop of hot pink glass.


These are now available here in my Etsy shop.

Before I go, a quick reminder: tomorrow is the day of the monthly We're All Ears challenge blog hop.   There's still time to join in and get a pair made!  For all the details and to see the challenge inspiration image, click here.

Bye for now, Claire 
www.somethingtodowithyourhands.com
www.somethingtodo.etsy.com

10 comments:

  1. WOW!! I love all the different elements of these earrings. Those stones are gorgeous and the feathers are a perfect combination. So beautiful Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are really beautiful and very bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome......I have some feathers sitting around here...may need to pull them out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun are those earrings?! I love them! Those dottie stone remind me of a pending experiment that I have going with sea glass that I need to revive. Thanks also for the heads up for the We're All Ears challenge reveal tomorrow! (I best be getting to making my earrings! ;-) Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these. Not my usual style, but they are so eclectic and colourful - how could I not?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here are golden earrings from China only for 0,1 $. What You think about them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love these Claire! They are so fun and I adore those feathers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There have been a lot of amazing designs here, but I have to say...these may be my all-time favorite earrings. The colors, the feathers...everything is just WORKING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fabulous! The pebbles and feathers seem like natural companions--and the dots on the stones make it extra captivating! I love the repeating dots and the bright, girly colors--great contrast with the earthy pebbles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interested in a link exchange from ringsearringsandnecklaces.com

    Dear Webmaster

    I am the owner of rings earrings and necklaces guide and I really like your blog .

    I also have a website that offers information on jewelry and wedding rings.

    If you would like to exchange links, I would be happy to do so. Please let me know if this is something you would be
    interested in.

    The link information is:

    The rings earrings and necklaces guide

    http://ringsearringsandnecklaces.com/

    Thanks

    Mali

    ReplyDelete