Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

All Mixed Up

Some of you may know I like to mix metals, I primarily work with Copper but with this new White Copper that's recently appeared on the scene I thought it was a perfect and inexpensive way to mix metals. Technically they are both copper but it's the look of mixed metals I'm going for and
 I also mixed the textures.




I love White Copper, I only found out about it a week or so ago and I snatched up a couple packages right away and created with it as soon as I received it.

If you want to see more White Copper go HERE!
I will be listing more later today and the Earrings are available for sale
HERE!

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to know what you think!

Kristi

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful earrings. I love the contrast between the two colors. And what great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can the White Copper be torch fired? Or does it have to be kiln-fired? I've been wanting to play with some copper clay, but I don't really know how to or where to begin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay, it's Copper and it's fired just like copper is, embedded in carbon in a kiln.

      Delete
  4. I love mixed metals too! I like the pewter-y-ness of this metal. These textures are great together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! Love the mixing of the metals. Will have to try white copper clay soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! These are wonderful! Love the mix of the two coppers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous , love them , so sad that white copper has to be kiln fired. I don't have access to a kiln :-(
    oh well i'll just have to drool over yours

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great! I was fascinated about what exactly white copper is - interesting that's is a copper alloyed with nickel. We've quite right regulations in the EU re: nickel content, so I'll be interested to see if it is a viable product. Not something I know much about. It really looks fabulous mixed with pure copper in your jewellery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool mixed metals! Love the textures too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool! Love the contrast, textures and shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool, makes me want to investigate metal clays. For now, Polymer clay is on my "to learn" list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those earrings are stunning. The white copper is something i've never heard of. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do love mixed metals! Very rustic... and your textures are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete